Sunday, March 25, 2007

Reminiscences of college

After contemplating for a long time I have finally decided to start blogging and join the so-called community of bloggers! Deciding the first topic for the blog itself was a big decision I had to make and after much thought I decided it has to be about my friends who will have to go through the pain of reading my blog as I have experienced the same while reading theirs! haha!(Just kidding!)
The most memorable times I have spent after my school has been in my engineering college. Those are the days that I will cherish forever. The people I met there will be my friends forever. I think it was the first and the best batch that SIES could ever have. The batch had the right mix of people be it the studious types or the complete time pass people or average ones like me! We had the badminton, cricket champs and the merit toppers all in the same batch!
When I reminiscence those days I feel that they can never come back! The most enjoyable times we all have spent together was according to me during our festivals (which had a new name every year) and the sports day which had each one of us shouting our lungs out in cheering the respective teams! Though on normal college days too we had our share of fun be it during the lectures or the time spent in the library while writing assignments.
The batch also had their share of disagreements with the college over the free seat issue that was a rough patch of our term in college and had left many people with bitter feelings against the authorities. It was a phase that everyone prayed to pass of as soon as possible and finally justice was achieved even though not in those 4 years but at least now.
There were times where people would want to bunk lectures and leave college as soon as possible but the day of the farewell party was one such day wherein no one was willing to leave the college premises because the thought of leaving college and never having those great times back itself was making people emotional and reluctant to move! But as they tell that all good times come to an end so did this and has left behind it great experiences that all of us will treasure for a lifetime!

15 comments:

Vivek said...

Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter. We were fortunate in our choices, and our fates.

BTW, why is your blog a private one, by invitation alone? Would recommend you list it on the public list.

aditya said...

No Reddy, it is good that this blog is by private invitation only. You see, others don't have to undergo the torture! (JOKING)

Welcome to the so-called blogger's community. Let me reming you that, of late you have been encroaching into violated areas. First books, now the hallowed world of blogging, God knows what next? All this doesn't suit you, be the ghaati that you are!

Anyway, keep blogging. It will also keep me on my toes to write newer posts. Congrats, and Keep it going!!!

Roopali said...

Arre sorry yaar reddy din know what to do at first & as adi rightly says i din want to torture many people so allowed access only to few of my friends!
Anyways thanks for the comments!

Maya said...

Welcome to blog-world,Roops!!!:-))

Great topic to start with,of course.Our engg days have been THE most memorable days of our lifetime.Kaash ye din fir laut aa jaate:-)

As usual,adi's just got a TOTAL inferiority complex;but chalega re.You continue blogging.And of keeping adi on his toes,ahem...ahem....I've loads of doubts:-))
I'll let you in on his stupid excuses when we meet re.

Congrats n keep blogging,dear!

Vivek said...

Ok, so I am supposed to feel happy about tortured as a privilege of being your friend? Torture by invitation only. Others please excuse us this time eh...

Adi, stop cribbing about other people's productivity and start writing, for God's sake. I mean, I want to see more of The Srinivaasan's works.

dashingkris said...

First of all...U Never informed me of ur blog!!! That shows how much u value my comment!!!
Btw, u reminded me again of the cricketing days :-( :-(

Aarti Ramanan said...

Hey,
congratz on your first blog!!! So you too have joined the blogwagon...
And what a start!!!

Truly, the time I spent in SIES was by far my most treasured moments as compared to my J.C and my school!!! And I bet most of us would agree to this!
May be that's because we spent 4 rigorous and vigorous years out there, literally through thick and thin!!!
Awesome moments.... And you've revived those memories...

Mahesh said...

can't beleive that u too have been bitten by the blogging bug. nice topic yaar. truly, time spent in sies was by far the best. and yeah, we indeed were the best and will remain the best batch of sies.

Roopali said...

Hey adi,kris and aarti thanks a lot for the comments!It means a lot to me!

Gita said...

Hi roops!!! what do i comment on this???? when words can't explain the feelings, silent speaks.... isn't it...

Friendship never meant much to me, till i joined SIES... And friends were never too close to me, till i met you all...

Even though i know that those golden days of college would never come back, but we all will always be together, no matter what happens in our respective lives...

love,
Gita K C.

goingwiththeflow said...

so roopali u hav found another way to torture me even though i'm miles away!!!!
bechare these ppl spent 4 yrs wid u....hahahha...
neway keep this going !!so that I can keep posting my funny comments :D

the_jackal said...

Observation number 1)
It is not a so called community of bloggers, it IS a community of bloggers :)

Observation number 2)
Although you guys are the best friends that i have, i do NOT wish my engineering days wud come bak.. saale phir wohi KT ka tension!!

but ya, i wish those cricket days wud come bak.. yar i want to win atleast once!! :((

Observation number 3)
Gita ek number ki jhooti hai!! :))

Vinod Raghavan said...

hooo!!..debatable topics to start with haan??..an ideal mix of diverse topics which render every reader to atleast post a comment if not start a 2 way blogument with you..but nice choice of words..n ya..the engineering days were the worthiest of the mentions..wont comment on the God topic though..not in a position..but the marriage topic seems to be one-dimensional(children)..not posting anything more about the same or anything else??..no time??..

Roopali said...

Thanks for the comment, no re blogs will come,but slowly!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.